THE PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SCHOOL IMMUNIZATION REGULATIONS BEGINNING AUGUST 2017
NOT NEW: For attendance in ALL grades, your child needs proof of the following:
- 4 doses of tetanus (1 dose after the 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of diphtheria (1 dose after the 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of polio (1 dose after 4th birthday and 6 months after last dose – see NEW below)
- 2 doses of measles
- 2 doses of mumps
- 1 dose of rubella
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella(chickenpox), or history of the disease
KINDERGARTEN THROUGH 12th GRADE
All of these vaccines must be given BEFORE your child can attend school. If your child is missing a dose of any of the above vaccines, you will have only 5 days to receive that vaccine or your child will NOT be permitted to attend school.
4th dose of polio must be given after the 4th birthday AND at least 6 months after 3rd dose.
7TH THROUGH 12TH GRADE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ATTENDANCE:
2 doses of meningococcal conjugate vaccine(MCV)
- First dose is required for entry into 7th grade and beyond
- Second dose is required for entry into 12th grade (if dose is given after age 16, will count as 12th grade dose
1 dose Tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (Tdap)
- Required for entry into 7th grade and beyond
If your child is missing any of these vaccines, he/she will have only 5 days to receive the immunization. After 5 days your child will not be permitted to attend school until it has been received.
If you aren’t sure if your child needs any of the above vaccines, please contact your family doctor.
Please provide an up to date immunization record to your child’s school nurse as soon as possible.
Thank you for assisting us in keeping your child healthy and ready to learn.
School Health Services Staff (04/17)