The Extended Care Program is before and after school care for CCCS students in Kindergarten through Eighth grade. The program provides an opportunity for the students to receive help with their homework, as well as, time to socialize with their peers in a structured setting. While in Extended Care the students will also have the opportunity to create crafts, play board games, go to the computer lab, and play organized sports.
Extended Care follows the policies stated in the Corpus Christi Catholic School Parent/Student Handbook.
- Parents should not take children without notifying a staff member.
- Only adults named on the Registration Form will be allowed to pick up students. If an emergency requires that another adult pick up your child, they must bring a permission note signed by the parent/ guardian.
- Classroom teachers must be notified in writing the days students will be attending Extended Care. If the student will be coming on a regular basis, one note at the beginning of the year will suffice.
- Registration forms must be completed for emergency information.
- In case of an emergency call the school at 717-263-5036. Use this for the hours of 7:00 – 7:45 AM and from 2:45—5:30 PM. Please use this for Extended Care related items only during these times.
EXPECTATIONS FOR CHILDREN’S BEHAVIOR
- As members of caring, Catholic community children will be:
- Expected to respect the staff, each other, and the materials and environment provided.
- Told never to leave the building or grounds without the permission and supervision of the care provider.
- Any student who poses a serious problem such as cheating, stealing, misbehavior while playing, profanity of any kind, fighting or involvement in any grave situation will be subjected to the following procedure.
- A letter will be sent home to the parent/ guardian.
- A student referred for a second behavior problem, will result in a 3-day suspension.
- A student referred for a third behavior problem, will result in dismissal from further use of the program.
Reminder: Extended Care is a privilege and discipline should never be an issue.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP PROCEDURES
- All outside doors to the school will be locked. When dropping your child off in the morning, accompany your child into the lobby and report to the desk attendant.
- When picking up your child in the afternoon, please ring the bell at the front outside door and tell the attendant your child’s first and last name. The child will be called to the lobby to meet you.
- A scheduled homework period will be provided. It is the child’s responsibility to have his/her assignments and books. Students are expected to do their homework at Extended Care.
- Children may not go back to their homeroom to get these items.
- The office copy machine is not available for making copies of other student’s books.
- Parents are responsible for checking the child’s homework before they return to school the following day.
ILLNESS OR ACCIDENT
- In case of a minor injury, First Aid will be administered on the premises.
- If needed medication will be given according to doctor’s orders that are on file in the health room.
- Additional emergency information will be used from the school emergency form.
- Staff members will act according to their best judgment for the welfare of the child.
- Billing period is the previous Monday to Friday. Payment should be made in full by Monday.
- You may pay ahead if you prefer to only pay once or twice a month; your account will be credited. By June 30, 2019, all accounts must have a ZERO balance, credit will not be carried over to the next school year.
- If a parent/ guardian fails to meet the payment schedule, and does not make alternate arrangements with the Principal, the child will not be permitted to continue in the program.
- LATE FEE: After 5:35 PM each additional 15 min will result in a $5.00 fee. (Three late pickups will result in loss of Extended Care privileges.)
Family Registration Fee $50.00 (non-refundable)
PM Hourly Fee – $5.00/hour per child
AM Fee – $7.00/ day per child (Option of $20 weekly AM fee is available with signed agreement by Oct. 31)
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Morning Care 7:00 AM – 7:45 AM
- 2 hr. weather related delay– 9:00 AM opening
- 1 hr. weather related delay– 8:00 AM opening
- If the delay changes to cancellations– students must be picked up within 30 min of being called.
- Afternoon Care 2:45 PM—5:30 PM
- 2 hr. early dismissals there will be NO Extended Care services.
- No PM Extended Care on the last day of the school year.
- If school is dismissed early due to weather or other safety related issues, students must be picked up within one hour of dismissal.